If you are into Disc Jockeying even as just a hobby, you have probably already heard about TRAKTOR, the DJ software that can handle it all.
So whether you are looking for a super-capable DJ Traktor controller or a budget-friendly option with features, there is definitely one for you.
If you are just a novice and do not want to splurge, then you can also buy cheap controllers but when these same ones are available on discount.
Many online stores like Amazon have great offers from time to time. Why settle for something less, when you can get the best?
- 1 Comparison of the best three Traktor-ready controllers
- 2 Gemini DJ G4V DJ Controller 4 Channel Midi Controller with Soundcard
- 3 Denon DJ MCX8000 | Standalone DJ Player and Serato 4-Channel DJ Controller
- 4 Native Instruments TraktorKontrol S2 MK2 DJ Controller
Comparison of the best three Traktor-ready controllers
We have hand-picked three of the best Traktor-ready DJ controllers on the market and reviewed them below so that you may fight the right one for you.
Gemini DJ G4V DJ Controller 4 Channel Midi Controller with Soundcard
- PREMIUM PERFORMANCE THAT PACKS A PUNCH: The G4V Virtual DJ Controller Consists Of 2...
- ENDLESS MIXING OPTIONS: The G4V 4-channel mixer with 3-band EQ, Gain and Filter control on...
- EASY TO USE TOUCH CONTROLS: The G4V Unit Features A Multitude Of Touch Controls Including...
If you want a powerful DJ controller for your MIDI device, then the Gemini DJ G4V controller is what you need. Inside its sturdy all-metal body are two DJ decks with which you can control all of the 4 virtual software decks.
Create exciting effects with the 16 multi-function performance pads and the many rotary encoders. It comes with a pitch fader to cue controls to key-lock, auto-loop, loop roll modes and much more.
You will always have full control of your sound, as the 4-channel mixers allow you to change the Gain, EQ and Filters on each of the 4 virtual decks. You will never run out of input and output options as it comes with a balance XLR master output, master and booth RCA outputs that can be connected to the speakers.
With pre-mapped FX controls, a 24-bit PC/MAC audio interface and touch-sensitive jog wheels there is no end to the possibilities you can create with this controller.
- Compact – Measuring 3 ft. by 2 ft. and only about 2 inches thick,it isa very compact controller for the features it packs
- Lightweight – It is also very lightweight, weighing only 11.2 pounds making it super portable
- Best price–The price is quite a bargain as it retails for under $350
- Versatile – Works well with VDJ and Traktor DJ software
- Built-in soundcard – Avoids the need to carry a separate external soundcard
- Quick installation – It only takes a matter of minutes to get your controller started once it is out of the box and the drivers are installed.
- Installation required – The driver files and the APK files do not come pre-installed and hence need to be downloaded from Gemini’s website.
Denon DJ MCX8000 | Standalone DJ Player and Serato 4-Channel DJ Controller
- No laptop needed: includes revolutionary Denon DJ Engine standalone technology
- 2 USB inputs for Engine playback in standalone mode
- Includes 4-deck Serato DJ software
How about a high-end controller with the price of a mid-range mixer? If that sounds too good to be true, then behold the Denon DJ MCX8000. This is a standalone mixer with in-built screens, so you can forget your laptop and computers.
This Serato DJ enabled controller has 4 decks and some great high definition on board displays.
It also comes with advanced Serato features like Serato Flip, Key Sync etc. When using the Denon’s own Engine software, it works in the standalone mode.
You will have enough input and output options with two XLR outputs and two microphone inputs.
The jog wheels are touch-sensitive for a superior performance and there are three integrated power faders. All in all, this is a great controller with a lot of features to get you going.
- Mobile DJ – The controller is lightweight, compact and packed with features, making it most suitable for mobile DJ applications
- No laptop required – With two screens and an in-built player,you won’t need to depend on your laptop
- Sturdy construction – An all-metal construction makes is very sturdy and gives you peace of mind from small bumps and accidents
- More features – The controller is quite cheap for the amount of features that it packs
- Two screens – The presence of two screens lets you to use both SeratoDj and standalone Denon Engine software at the same time
- Engine mode limitation – The Denon Engine mode is limited by the availability of only 2 Decks
- Laptop dependability – Though you don’t need a laptop for controls you will still need one if you want to search library or sort crates
Native Instruments TraktorKontrol S2 MK2 DJ Controller
- Updated MK2 hardware with new duo-tone design and improved fader reliability
- Plug-and-play support for hands-on control over TRAKTOR DJ for iPad and iPhone
- Silicone-damped jog wheels with aluminum top plates for high-resolution cueing and...
If you are looking for a complete no-compromise 2-channel mixer, then the TraktorKontrol S2 MK2 by Native Instruments is the one for you. It is compatible with both Mac and PC systems making is very versatile.
It also comes fully integrated with the flagship DJ software, the Traktor DJ for both iPad and iPhone for a touch enabled control of your setup.
It comes with a soundcard, high-resolution jog wheels, an ergonomic mixer and 3-band EQ for bringing out your creative side. It has an integrated 24 bit/96 kHZ audio interface for superior sound.
As if that wasn’t enough, it comes with two powerful stereo outputs – one of the master and one for the monitor. Just connect your controller to your computer and mix all you want.
- Traktor software – The S2 MK2 comes with the one and only Traktor Pro 2 which is the most sought after DJ software worldwide.
- Versatile – This MIDI DJ controller is fully mappable with any MIDI software making it extremely versatile
- Great advanced features – There are advanced features such as HotCue, loop,, Flux mode and remix decks
- Output volume – The booth and the master outputs come with their own separate volume controls
- Compatibility – The DJ controller has excellent compatibility with the Traktor DJ app for iOS smart devices
- Compact – Measuring only 5 x 22 x 13 inches, it is quite a compact controller that you can take along to all your gigs with ease.
- Price – The price of this controller is a steal considering the amount of features it packs
- No additional inputs – The MK2 does not have any additional inputs or throughputs that might be necessary in case of emergencies
- Crossfader quality – The crossfader is made of a plastic that doesn’t feel durable and is also not user-replaceable
|Features||Gemini DJ G4V DJ Controller 4 Channel Midi Controller with Soundcard||Denon DJ MCX8000 | Standalone DJ Player and Serato 4-Channel DJ Controller
|Native Instruments TraktorKontrol S2 MK2 DJ Controller|
|Type||USB MIDI Controller||Standalone||All-in-one|
|Software||Can be used with any software with MIDI learn feature like VDJ and Traktor||Engine 1.5 Software and Serato DJ software||Traktor Pro S2 software|
|Dimensions||21.02 x 12.6 x 1.77 inches||17 x 28.7 x 2.8 inches||5 x 22 x 13 inches|
|Weight||11.2 lbs.||18.4 lbs||2.6 kg|