Getting the right controller would be the main concern for any DJ.
Pioneer has truly been a pioneer in the DJ controller segment. Even with the right hardware and the software combination, you cannot get the desired output and the best DJ experience withouta good DJ controller.
Pioneer’s range of controllers has been known to be delivering the best controls and easiest mode of operation for better jamming.
You would also have to do sufficient research to figure out the type of software you would be using. The DJ software would also be a pressing factor.
Be it a beginner level DJ controller, a module for expanding your existing system or when you plan to upgrade your DJ system, Pioneer has them all.
What are the features you would expect from a DJ controller?
Which software would you use and which controller would blend well with that software? These are few questions that you should try answering before you invest in a DJ controller.
So why should you go for a Pioneer DJ controller? Pioneer, in all spheres, has been known to release cutting-edge technology gears. This is one of the reasons why even in the DJ controller segments, Pioneer DJ controllers have been the best on the market.
That was just a quick overview of the 3 popular DJ controller models from Pioneer. Let us look at them in detail.
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SB2
- Portable 2-channel controller for Serato DJ
- Tactile performance pads; Large jog wheels;
- Authentic and dynamic DJ play; Manual filter
With aneasier way to switch between channels, knobs for input volume level adjustments, this one is easy to control and can take your DJ skills to an all new level.
- Improved performance pads: There are 4 tactile pads for Auto Loop, Hot Cue, Sampler and Manual Loop. There are also 4 more to give controls for Cue, Play, Shift and Sync functions.
- Bigger and better jog wheels: To enhance the scratch response and make it more accurate, the controller comes with bigger jog wheels.
- Dynamic DJ experience: For each channel’s input volume, there is a trim knob that makes the operation easy. For making this fast and accurate, level meters are included in the controller.
- Hit the tactile pads for cutting the volume. The device includes a manual filter for each of the channels.
- The device not just comes with easy to access controls but is also easy to set up and get going. Connect the controller to your PC. You can drag and drop tracks to the library, play songs by synchronizing your music libraries and iTunes. All you need to connect this connector to the computer is a USB cable. There is no complicated wiring to be taken care of nor tedious setup process to be followed.
- Mixing is very simple with this controller. If you wish to add to the crossfader a double high-pass filter, all you have to do is to click the button for Filter Fade. This would help you have control over the bass filter as well as the volume single-handedly.
- You can also use this controller as a MIDI controller or you could also use it for transmitting information to other devices.
- For an entry-level controller that operates in 2-channels, this is one model you can buy cheap from Amazon.
Pioneer Pro DJ DDJ-SX2
- Dedicated buttons for Serato FLIP
- 4-Channel Performance DJ Controller Designed for Serato DJ
- Updated Jog Wheel with "Hot Cue Countdown"
After the grand success of its predecessor SX, this model was a welcome upgrade to it. This was the first model released by Pioneer with the feature to allow the DJ to control Serato Flip functions.
This extension for the existing Serato DJ allows the DJ to record as well as replay his hot cue sequence. So you have the Record, Start and Slot options all available conveniently at your fingertips.
- The velocity sensitive performance pads are retained in this model. The reaction time of the jog wheel in this model has also been enhanced to a greater level. It also has the added advantage of coming ready for Serato DJ DVS upgrade.
- The DAC (digital analog converter) in this model provides clear sounds with the best accuracy in the segment.
- Slip mode addition is well thought out. It would continue a silent song playback in the background while the performance loop is running or during a scratch or hot cue. This is the reason behind the seamless and unnoticeable transitions.
- This controller comes with a dedicated audio interface- a built-in sound card.
- Dual external device connection ports and microphone interfaces are included. The controller has XLR as well as RCA outputs and also a Booth Out.
- For easier navigation through the song or the audio file, the Needle search pad comes in handy.
- Different DJs have different mixing styles. To make it more versatile and suit every type of DJ, the provision to adjust the crossfader curve has been included.
- The various pads for added functionalities like CUE, HOT, ROLL, SAMPLER AND SLICER are all positioned below the large jog wheel. Compared to the previous models, the jog wheel’s reaction time has been greatly enhanced.
Packing all these features, this controller also comes with an elegant Aluminum panel on the top as well as an aluminum finish done on the Jog wheel. So this
This is a 4-channel DJ controller that offers an ample number of features for the best price.
Pioneer Pro DJ XDJ-RX DJ system
- Dual waveform display^Beat perfect^More creative freedom^Slip mode^Slice and dice
This all-in-one system comes as a combination of 2 different digital players, a mixer along with the inbuilt monitor. If you are one that uses the Rekordbox music management software, this DJ system would be great.
With the built-in USB interface, you need not look for a PC to connect and retrieve your files. You can play and prepare your music well ahead and load it in your USB drive and connect this directly to the controller.
- This system provides the option to connect multiple sources. It allows input through USB, PC Link, analog inputs and MIDI as well.
- The included touch-screen (7 inch LCD) is one of the main advantages. The screen displays the information about the file, aids in navigation by displaying the controls. The beat count till the set point as well as the wave of the current track being played can all be viewed on the LCD screen.
- The signature performance functions of Pioneer models is included in this- BEAT EFFECTS, CUE, LOOP SLICE, SOUND COLOR FX. The Loop slice button is a new inclusion in this model.
- This model can be used as a stand-alone mixer when you need it. It also offers the provision for recording straight into the USB drive connected.
- For accuracy of setting cue points, the Quantize feature is included. Pioneer’s popular slip mode also comes with this DJ controller.
- With multiple input and output ports, the provision to record directly on USB and a lotof other features, this DJ controller can be bought at a good discount on Amazon.
Pioneer DJ DDJ-SB2
Pioneer Pro DJ DDJ-SX2
Pioneer Pro DJ XDJ-RX DJ system
|Key features||· Larger jog wheels offering easier controls
· 2-channel controller ideal for Serato DJ
· Easy switching between channels with the dedicated buttons
|· Comes as a controller only version or available for purchase as a bundle with cable and cover as well
· 4- channel
· Serato FLIP buttons
· Upgraded better job wheel
|· All-in-one controller system
· Dual deck screen
· Complete package of players, mixers with the best performance